Financing a used motorcycle or a used ATV
Used bike financing is an easy thing to do when you know how.
Financing a used motorcycle or ATV is not quite the same as financing a car. In fact, you may get better terms from your credit card company even - you will not have to purchase insurance, you save money on fees, etc. Anyway, there is a number of ways to finance a used motorcycle.
Specialized motorcycle financing companies:
There is a number of companies to which you can apply through Proud To Ride. Visit us for that: choose a bike and fill out the application right in the office.,/p>
- You will get an answer if you got approved or not within 40 minutes (on weeksdays).
- Please, download the application form and send it to us when you have filled it out. You will receive an answer in a period of time ranging from 1 hour to 1 day.
- Note: full coverage insurance will be required.
For your convenience we include a monthly payment and loan calculator here. Monthly payment calculator (will open in new window)
- Things to consider before applying:
- Be prepared to prove your income - financing companies no longer rely just on credit score alone.
- Consider your down payment - the bigger it is the easier it is for you to pay off.
- You can use your trade-in as down payment. We welcome trades.
- As a "B-plan" consider buying a one-two year older model, or smaller cc - this will be your first step and minimize your debt burden. Next year you trade it in and get a cooler ride!
- To avoid the necessity of insurance consider an unsecured personal loan from your bank - this might save you plenty of money.
Other used bike and ATV financing options:
The best option for financing a used motorcycle or ATV is to apply for an unsecured personal loan. In this case you are not obliged to buy full coverage insurance and you save on many other expenses while getting almost the same rate if you applied for a specialized motorcycle loan. Please, check out these companies for personal loans:
- YOUR BANK - this might be the best option
- YOUR LOCAL CREDIT UNION - this might also be the best option
- If you belong to a credit union, you really should check to see what they have to offer. They may well have a deal on motorcycle financing that is very attractive to you.
If you aim at buying a used ATV unsecured personal loans are definitely the best option.